From Ambition to Action: Making Energy Policy Plans Secure, Affordable and Realistic
IEPPEC 2017, Asia-Pacific Chapter—Building a global energy policy evaluation community
Conference – November 1 and 2, 2017
Eastin Grand Hotel
Energy efficiency is seen as a route to reduced volatility and quality of life sustainability.
The support for efficiency in all sectors of our lives, water, garbage, transportation, power generation and more are all actions of high social value. However, do we know which actions pay off? What can we depend on to be sustainable, scalable, security enhancing? IEPPEC takes a leadership role in developing the resources and professional expertise to directly answer these complex questions. And we need you to help us find more creative answers and solutions to clearly lay out an efficient path toward a more certain and pollution-free energy future.
The FIRST international conference on evaluation of energy efficiency programs and policies was held by IEPPEC on November 1 and 2, 2017, in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference was well attended with participants (evaluators, policy makers, program managers, researchers, etc.) from many different regions of the world. The Agenda with links to papers and presentations can be found here: http://www.ieppec.org/thailand/
Evaluation is the path to certainty and scalability.
Join us as we to establish an energy policy evaluation community in the Asia-Pacific region and help deliver clean, reliable, affordable energy. Evaluation is quality control; it is continuous improvement and it provides certainty over expected outcomes. Join the leaders in this field at IEPPEC in October 2017.
Listing of Recent Workshops
- The first IEPPEC-led workshop was the APERC evaluation workshop in March 2017 in South Korea. See the final report at: http://aperc.ieej.or.jp/publications/reports/pree/EEP_Workshop_Evaluation_Report.pdf
- The second IEPPEC-led workshop was held at the Asian Clean Energy Forum (co-organized by USAID and Asia Development Bank) in June 2017 in Manila. See the Agenda at: https://d2oc0ihd6a5bt.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/837/2017/02/Evaluation-of-Energy-Programs-and-Policies.pdf
- The thi
- rd IEPPEC-led workshop was the APEC Workshop on Evaluation held on October 30 and 31, 2017, in Bangkok. The final report on this project, “Promoting the Development of an Evaluation Community,” is now available. The report not only contains the presentations at the workshop but also includes an “Evaluation White Paper” describing the current evaluation landscape within APEC, based on a survey of APEC energy policymakers. See the Final Report at: https://www.apec.org/Publications/2018/01/Promoting-the-Development-of-an-Evaluation-Community
IEPPEC has identified activities that would build on the conference and workshops to provide further support to meet the needs of energy policy evaluators in Asia, such as:
- A dedicated website for Asia containing:
- Local evaluation resources (e.g., links to evaluations of programs and policies)
- Country contacts of people interested in evaluation
- Potential evaluation mentors for people desiring mentoring
- Discussion forum
- Links to past conference proceedings and other materials that will be useful to evaluators in Asia
- Webinars on relevant evaluation challenges
- Developing linkages and partnerships with existing evaluation organizations and other institutes in Asia
A further evaluation conference in Asia in two years’ time (2019).
Our 2017 Sponsors